Engineering Construction and Procurement Legal Firm in Malaysia
Our lawyers advise clients in the negotiation of a wide range of standard and specialized construction contracts, including design and build, turnkey contract, lump-sum, joint-venture and build-operate-transfer contracts. We also act as legal advisor on corporate structure peculiar to foreign- owned Malaysia construction firm, obtaining of the relevant construction permit or license from Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB). We advise on the use of standard forms of construction and engineering contract as well advising and drafting bespoke forms of contract including ancillary documentation, such as performance bonds, guarantees, undertakings, collateral warranties, pricing documentation and conditions of tendering.
Apart from construction contracts and construction licenses, we assist clients in the application and enforcement of contract terms. Our services include arranging letters of credit, reviews of performance specifications and developing ongoing recommendations to improve contract administration methods.
We have developed particular experience in the negotiation of engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts, helping determine and document project scope and duration, milestones, quality standards and pricing. We work with clients to coordinate the information and responsibilities of various parties and agencies, address potential delays and ensure compliance with local statutory requirements.
We are recognised as the leading Engineering Construction and Procurement Legal Firm in Malaysia, and we have represented clients on hundreds of projects in Malaysia and are constantly acting for clients in various matters arising out of every type of construction and engineering project, including:
– Mixed Development
– Oil and gas (upstream, midstream and downstream)
– Renewable energy
– Process engineering
– Commercial property
Our risk management and dispute resolution services include:
– Project advice, analysis and claims mitigation
– Dispute avoidance techniques
– Construction dispute adjudication
– Litigation in court
– Arbitration (domestic and international)
We also advise insurers on policy coverage and defend claims against insured entities arising out of insurance policies for construction and engineering projects, including professional indemnity, contractor’s all risks, public liability and project-specific or owner-controlled policies (OCIP). We advise those involved in the construction and design process about the structure of the insurance arrangements which are required.
– Acting as fixed legal retainer and corporate lawyer for a number of the Asia’s largest engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contractors in Malaysia.
– Representation of an EPC contractor in the litigation of a legal dispute concerning the telecommunication infrastructure.
– Lead counsel in orchestrating a favorable result for a major EPC contractors in defending against excessive claims by a terminated subcontractor on a processing plant project
For consultation on Malaysia Engineering, procurement and construction issues, please proceed to send in your enquiry by clicking here.